Friday, May 21, 2010

Inspiring Dancers

Dancers are incredible. The ways they can manipulate their bodies to create beautiful images is inspiring. I just saw a night of new, original works presented by Ballet West tonight. I personally am not a dancer, I don't really know ballet terms, and I often have a hard time following the meaning of most dance pieces; however, none of this matters. When watching a dance piece, it doesn't matter if there is a plot that you are able to follow, or a specific meaning you can gain from it. All that matters is the beauty and the emotion that is expressed through the movement. Dance, to me, is one of the most beautiful and expressive art forms out there. There are emotions that can be expressed so much better through raw movement than could ever be expressed through words.

No comments:

Post a Comment