Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vivaldi

This week my roommie and I are listening to Vivaldi instead of watching t.v. As a preface we looked up information about his life and music. It's not as if we've stopped watching t.v. completely, but you know when you get to that point where you are just flipping through the channels but nothing good is on but you watch it anyway because there's nothing else to do and you just want background noise? Well, instead of watching stupid reality t.v. shows that neither of us care about, we put on classical music. I feel so much more productive having it in the background instead of having the t.v. on, even if I'm doing the exact same thing. I love Vivaldi too! I love the baroque period, and he uses mostly strings (which are my favorite). It's just fun and I'm proud of myself for actually accomplishing some goals of mine this year!

P.S. Random side note: Our 2010-2011 Show Season was announced today at our majors meeting. We're doing Love's Labours Lost, Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, The Glass Menagerie, and Godspell. I'm really excited for Love's Labours and Godspell! I want to start working on audition pieces now! Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment